Roleplay Information
Calendar

Events
Summer 01: Summer Festival (September 10th) Summer 14: Firefly Festival (September 30th) Summer 24: Fireworks (October 15th)
Season ends on October 31st Discord Channel
Statistics
Humans: 6
Elves: 1
Half-Elves: 1
Dwarves: 1
Beasts: 2
Half-Beasts: 0

Add Reply
New Poll

Songs of Beasts, Primarily for Bastian
Ergo
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 03:04 AM

Time Zone
GMT-5

Rep: 2 pts

Inventory
N/A

user posted image
Sarantis
Summer 24 ( Fireworks ), 7:30PM
** Please note that anyone can come and go out of this thread.
Just please read previous posts before jumping in.
No posting order.
May close off at some point. **

Just one and a half more hours until the fireworks were to go off into the night sky. It was thankfully a clear night – not a cloud in sight. Whilst some villagers would opt to sleep, others have opted to stay up in wait. And some of those people sat around wooden tables at the Hippogriff inn with food and beer warming their bellies.

Sarantis – age unknown, presumably human, apothecary – sat the second seat in at one of the tables and took two sips of drink. He was having a grand old time until some barbarian sang of his own feats. Blue eyes looked the barbarian up and down. He was large, broad, black haired, and scar-faced. Certainly looked the part, but was he the real, genuine thing? Another sip had the grey-haired fellow questioning: “you there, butcher. Are you sure you’re not a bard?” A droll grin played on the pale-one’s lips. A breath later, he took a bite of raw fish. “A man can sing his own preaches, but can he really act them out? Now that’s something I’d like to see.” Fork wagged in the air before popping back into mouth.

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/afteradream/Flower_Rates/white_flower.png Bastian

Rubix Seashell (If you want to join with Kayla, go right ahead. (: Don’t feel obligated to commit to it, though)
(P.S. Ru, I realised I wasn’t sure how to start this. ;u; Forgive meee)

This post has been edited by Ergo: Oct 9 2017, 04:45 PM
PM
^
Rubix
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 03:40 PM

Time Zone
GMT0

Rep: 1 pts

Inventory
N/A

[IMG][/IMG]
Bastian Aldane

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/afteradream/Flower_Rates/white_flower.png

At a table near the fire, a large man lounged, tankard in hand as his voice boomed across the room. Already intimidatingly large, clad in leather and armour, the fur tossed around his shoulders made his broad physique seem mammoth. Legs spread, shoulders bared, he was a giant in the room, expanding to occupy all space available to him.

At the sane table, he had gained an audience, whether willing or unwilling, of a couple of young adventurers, and they sat open mouthed as he spun them a tale: a trip to the world below in pursuit of meat that had led him to conflict with an almighty foe. Mouth twisted into a vicious grin, he practically spat as he spoke, hands sweeping in broad gestures.

Dramatic, loud, Bastian told it like a sweeping epic of old; a proud recital of his own triumph. 'And there it stood,' he lowered his voice to a whisper, forcing his audience to lean towards him, 'the mighty gorgon. Hair a tangle of snakes, tail rattling as it slithered towards me. The ground trembled. The branches cracked beneath its weight!' He shook the table with his hand, turning the cups alive as they rattled and danced.

'I faced it blindfor one look would turn me to stone, as it had done the statues that littered the forest around me.' His voice lowered to a 'whisper' again, a harsh, gutteral tone as he gestured them close. 'With a blindfold cast across in my eyes, and blade in hand-' Hand swept across his face. 'I waited for the moment to strike. I heard its scales clink as it rose over my head. Felt the hot sting of its breath against my scalp.' His tone dipped. His voice softened.

'And in that moment, as a rattling hiss left its foul, broken lips, I rose.' His voice lifted with him. 'I swung my blade-' Louder- 'And I cleaved its throat in two!' Hands slammed into the table with a loud crack. His audience jumped, eyes wide. 'How it shrieked!' He grinned, baring his teeth as his eyes flared with heat. 'Even as its eyes greyed from life, its hair writhed and tossed, fighting for any bit of me it could grab.'

The man laughed, sinking back into his seat. 'But the creature had eaten its last meal. I am no food for a beast.' Bastion grinned, slapping chest. 'Too tough!' He reached for his tankard, taking a deep gulp of his beer. A satisfied eye took in the awestruck stares of his audience, eyes wide as they gaped at him. 'Brought back a souvenir,' he grinned, dumping a bundle of snakes on the table, 'Severed from the gorgon's head itself!' Their severed tails oozed onto the wood, weeping pus and blood. The pair recoiled and he laughed, waggling the bodies so that they writhed and tossed as if alive.

Until a sharp voice interrupted and caught the attention of all occupants. Green eyes fixed on the speaker. A silvery haired man sat at the table, a lean looking fellow with scrawny arms and scrawnier legs. A stranger to the hulk. His eyes narrowed at that, lip curling, but the man barked a challenge, tongue proving sharper than his might. The audience quailed, looking between them, but Bastian's lips drew into a narrow grin, teeth visible beneath upper lip.

'Hah! It seems I have a challenger,' he crowed, laughter booming from his chest. His expression settled into a hungry grin, brows forming daggers as he stared back at the man. 'Let us go outside, and I will answer your taunts with my blade.' Hand clamped onto the hilt of his sword, so far resting against the table. If the stranger wanted him to prove his might, he would be glad to demonstrate!

This post has been edited by Rubix: Oct 9 2017, 04:40 PM
PM
^
Ergo
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 05:18 PM

Time Zone
GMT-5

Inventory
N/A

user posted image
Sarantis

“You would fight a lowly merchant to prove your worth?” Severed snakes and epic proses didn’t prove anyone’s tales – not when they boasted so vainly. Anyone could severe a snake. Anyone could engage their audience with words and animations

However, it took a special type of person from certain type of ilk to follow through. After all, words were but air unless their actions followed through. “That’d prove you fraud more than anything. It’s quite typical for a person to show off his so-called strength against someone weaker to make him look more powerful than he really is.”

Challengingly, confidently, the silvered fellow continued to look at the bardic barbarian. He was massive. Worthy of an orc. If it wasn’t for his scent, the barbarian could have easily come across as an orc half-beast. “So, I have a better idea to see if you’re the ‘real deal.’

“Take two or three people with you and challenge every dungeon in Aeon: the spring forest of Mellow Pastures, the summer forest of Smoke Labyrinth, the fall forest of Stryss Marsh, and the winter forest of Sard Tundra.”

The challenger remained seated.

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/afteradream/Flower_Rates/white_flower.png Bastian Rubix
PM
^
Seashell
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 08:14 PM

Admin

Time Zone
GMT+0

Inventory
N/A

user posted image
Sarantis (Ergo) & Bastian (Rubix) | Summer 24th | 7:30pm

Kayla was sitting in a chair behind the front desk eating almonds, the inn was a fairy popular place for the fireworks, but luckily she wasn’t the one serving people, with the lack of a bar around town, and restaurants, the inn was the only place that served both food and drinks at night. The young woman kept eating and watching the show and in all honesty she wasn’t sure how to feel about it.

”Seriously? You two are going to start bickering about fairy tales and who’s the best prince charming?” she said looking at both men. She didn’t see the point in random killing. ”Come on, let’s all just drink and watch the fireworks, is way more interesting than slaying harmless beasts or half-beasts…perhaps what you like to slay are monsters.” Kayla said taking beer and sitting next to Sarantis.

She could tell the difference from a beast and a monster, it was in the magic and ability to speak the common tongue, but she knew that some didn’t feel the same way she did, which was sad, Aeon was supposed to be a safe haven. ”But, I hear there’s some pretty nasty monsters in these forests.” she said, almost like throwing fire over gasoline to ignite the fight.

PMEmailWebsite
^
Rubix
 Posted: Oct 10 2017, 12:19 AM

Time Zone
GMT0

Inventory
N/A

[QUOTE=Rubix,Oct 9 2017, 02:40 PM]

[IMG][/IMG]
Bastian Aldane

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/afteradream/Flower_Rates/white_flower.png

This one had a tongue on him. Bastian turned fully, looking at the silver haired man. A snort left nostrils. 'I will fight all who challenge me!' he declared broadly, smacking hand against table, 'No matter their background. To refuse battle is to be less than dirt.' He tipped his head back and downed a few gulps of his beer. Letting out a drawn out belch as he plunked the tankard back down, he shot Sarantis a snarl of a smile. 'If you are afraid, I will fight with my weaker arm. It will be a handicap.' Lips curved up more. 'Mayhap then you might touch me.' Breaking into another laugh, the man relaxed back into his chair, legs spread. Elbows lifted to dangle arms over the edge of his seat.

Brows lifted as eyes returned to the grey haired one. Another challenge? Grin slid wider, growing hungry. Sitting up, he slumped forward onto his haunches. 'Now that's more like it,' Bastian growled, eyes flashing with heat. 'I'll take up your challenge. But I will take on the dungeons alone. I do not need men to provide support. This-' He rose from his seat, drawing his sword with a swish. It glittered in the light. 'Is all I need. Nothing else!' Bastian levelled the blade at Sarantis. 'Eh, miss Kayla?' He'd not missed the woman's approach.

Drink lifted to lips as she spoke. 'There is nothing fantastical to the hunt. Blood, guts, bone, pus... you see it all, and Touch it too.' The comment about Prince Charming was ignored. Bastian, scratching at his stomach and downing his next goblet of beer, did not fit that description.

'HARMLESS BEASTS?' He almost spat his beer across the table, back of palm lifting to swipe brutally across his beard. 'HAH! There is no such thing, Miss Kayla.' Smiling at her as if she were a little child, chuckling, he continued. 'A beast is but a monster wearing the skin of a human. You cannot trust them.' Lips returned to his drinks, other hand lifted to jab a finger at the young woman. 'Deal with beasts like you deal with monsters, Kayla. Kill them and then they don't rise.'

Bastian's gaze returned to his challenger. A lone stranger sat in the corner, observing but not talking. A person Bastian did not know. 'Not seen you in here before. Who are you?'

This post has been edited by Rubix: Oct 10 2017, 12:47 AM
PM
^
Ergo
 Posted: Oct 10 2017, 05:18 PM

Time Zone
GMT-5

Inventory
N/A

user posted image
Sarantis

Very briefly had attention been diverted and set on the innkeeper. Her remarks evoked a small, subtle smile in the silvered fellow, though the brunette seemed quite the opposite. “I already know I’m Prince Charming, and that guy over there already knows he’s anything but.” The barbarian’s silence spoke as much. Sarantis, on the other hand, flashed a playful wink at the young mistress.

Both blokes knew what this “quarrel” was really about, yet neither seemed to comment on such.

Instead, the barbarous human spewed off about beasts and how they were predators in human clothing. They were relatively new to the area so there was bound to be some adversity – wariness. Those that could so readily accept were cute, almost naïve. Who knew if beasts were really gentle, trustworthy creatures? But then, who said all humans were just the same? No one.

The challenger remained quiet as he listened to the orc-like human’s speech. It wasn’t until the rowdy bloke changed his tune and spoke directly to him that the challenger spoke up again. “Sarantis, but you can call me Sarn. I’m an apothecary, and I’ll be one of the people joining you in the dungeons.” The brunette’s comments about not needing anyone to join him didn’t go missed. In fact, as a smirk etched its way, he made that a point: “after all, campaigning through the dungeons by yourself won’t prove anything again. You need witnesses to sing your praises for you, not fight in your stead.

“If you really are as strong as you say you are, it shouldn’t be a problem for you. What do you say? I pick herbs while you slash and hack.”

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/afteradream/Flower_Rates/white_flower.png Bastian
http://files.jcink.net/uploads/afteradream/Flower_Rates/purple_flower.png Kayla
PM
^
Seashell
 Posted: Oct 10 2017, 05:43 PM

Admin

Time Zone
GMT+0

Inventory
N/A

user posted image

The young female simply looked at the bigger man, she seriously had no idea why they were fighting, what was the point in men fighting, they should just drink beer and get along, the inn was no place for bets and challenges; perhaps it was the fact that Kayla wasn’t too keen on challenges, everyone should just get along.

”And having to clean all that blood from your clothes? Hell no, I rather let the monsters run wild, if we don’t mess with them they won’t mess with us.” she spoke, but it was thanks to the magic that aggressive monsters were trapped.

She watched everything unfold, in her innocent mind, and perhaps the most simpler one, beasts and half beasts had humanity, in a way most animals did, except for humans. ”You do know that they are harmless right? And you can’t even tell a half-beast from a human, or a beast if they hide their attributes well, are you going to go around town asking people to strip?” she asked a bit confused, she couldn’t understand the fixation on such creatures, they weren’t mindless beasts roaming the town, they were people they talk with, they had a normal social interaction.

When Sarantis spoke, Kayla looked at him, sure he was a merchant and he could take care of himself, better than most, but it wasn’t completely safe. ”Can I go too?” she said innocently. ”I mean, if you can go alone and you’re as strong as you say you are, perhaps you can protect two people and I get to see that flower field.” she said.

PMEmailWebsite
^
Rubix
 Posted: Oct 11 2017, 12:38 PM

Time Zone
GMT0

Inventory
N/A

[IMG][/IMG]
Bastian Aldane

Sarandis http://files.jcink.net/uploads/afteradream/Flower_Rates/white_flower.png
Kayla http://files.jcink.net/uploads/afteradream/Flower_Rates/purple_flower.png

His eyes did not leave the stranger. Mouth turned down. Hands clenched. 'Not seen you before. When did you come to-' Green eyes lifted at Kayla's protests and his attention strayed from Sarn to the woman preaching peace in front of him. A low chuckle left his lips, dark and gravelled. 'You are a sweet, kind woman, Kayla,' he rumbled, shaking his head, 'but you will get yourself killed. No beast can be trusted. They should be exterminated like the monsters they are.' He grinned thinly. 'If one will cross my path, I will cut it down where it stands.' Fist thumped chest. 'Village or no village.' He snorted. To leave them be would be to condemn them all. Besides. Lips lifted. They made good noise when they died.

Bastian turned back to Sarn. 'That goes for you, Apothecary.' He lowered his voice, trying to prevent Kayla from hearing, 'Most of the town may be gullible and think monsters and beasts are little toys they can farm, but I am not so stupid.' His pitch lowered to a growl. 'If I get a hint of fur, I will have your hide.' Gums lifted to reveal teeth, then he spat onto the table. Fist clamped down on the pile of snakes and he nudged them towards the woman. 'For you. Boil them hard and turn them into soup. Pull out the teeth. Poisonous.' With a grunt, Bastian turned back to his table. He was not left alone for long.

Brows rose to the heavens as not one but two petitioned to join him. 'You would take me for a BABY SITTER?' he spat, mouth turning down at the thought. Clapping hand on tankard, he glared at them both, bushy brows gathering into a swamp. 'The only ones who should be in those dungeons are seasoned fighters.' Bastian pointed his tankard at Sarn. 'Not stick legged merchants afraid to spar.' He swung his tankard for the timid girl singing about harmless beasts and preaching friendship. 'And not young inn keepers who can't tell a sword from a bread knife. Who thinks beasts are sunshine and rainbows.' The man took a deep gulp. 'You will only feed the monsters within.' A dark snicker left lips. 'Mayhaps I will use you as bait.'

Mouth spread into a broad grin and he slammed the tankard down. ' I do not need witness!' Bastian declared loudly, baring his shoulders, 'I will bring back the monster's heads, strapped around my waist, blood still dripping from their ragged stumps. The trophies will line the walls.' He laughed, downing the rest of his tankard and shoved it at Kayla. 'Another!'

This post has been edited by Rubix: Oct 11 2017, 12:40 PM
PM
^
Ergo
 Posted: Oct 14 2017, 04:49 PM

Time Zone
GMT-5

Inventory
N/A

user posted image
Sarantis

Beasts are harmless…? What an interesting thought. It practically spoke of how safe this village has been. People here haven’t seen war or strife. Kayla herself had never even battled a monster before. Had they even experience famine or loss? Harmless… Sarn would have to disagree. Every beast has claws and fangs. What separated them from “mindless monsters” was the fact that they, too, had a human-like cunning. That ought to make them worse than monsters.

Kayla’s request earned a glance from Sarantis. Immediately, he thought: you’re not ready yet. Alas, it wasn’t his job to tell her that. She was (supposedly) a grown woman. She was responsible for herself, so Sarantis remained quiet for the meantime. When the spitting bouts of the barbarian came to an end, that was when Sarantis spoke:

“You think a warrior is born by action and his own word alone? No. People need to see your efforts to believe in your tales, to tell your tales and spread the word. Anyone can decapitate a corpse. Anyone can take from another’s kill. You will show your worth to witnesses, or you’ll not be believed.” The grey-haired one had his last sip of beer. “I can’t speak for Kayla, but I can assure you that I won’t weigh you down. I’m usually in the dungeons to collect herbs so I know what to expect.

“Will you or won’t you accept this challenge?”

http://files.jcink.net/uploads/afteradream/Flower_Rates/purple_flower.png Kayla
PM
^
Seashell
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 12:24 AM

Admin

Time Zone
GMT+0

Inventory
N/A

user posted image

Bastian’s words were rather… harsh, not for her to hear but about the beasts. The young female had been living in Aeon for a while, possibly around half beasts her whole life, beast just became more common and the fairy tales were true, where beasts and humans alike worked for a common purpose, protect Aeon, their safe haven from war.

The woman watched both men, it was like they were fighting to see who was more manly, what did it matter? Like a kid’s play, showing off, and it was more fun enjoying the beauty of the forest instead of going inside just to battle, but when Bastian spoke the word ‘babysitter’ that made Kayla look at him. ”I think you’re the one that might need one? You’re going on and on about killing monsters, keep it real, are you going to slash a wooly that offers you no harm? That isn’t brave, is being a coward.” she looked at Bastian.

Kayla believed fighting something which offered no resistance was the actions of a coward, someone who enjoys more highlighting deeds that never happened.”Anyone can kill a wooly, they are as harmless as I am, how do I know you won’t kill Mr. Sarantis and just pretend that somehow a big monster got him?”

The woman got up from the chair and sat at the table, looking at Bast. ”You speak as you know me, there’s something far more worse than monsters, and that’s humans.” she spoke to Bastian. Hardly anyone knew about Kayla’s time in the world bellow, having to go days after days without food, a shelter over her head, being ignored, picked on and among things no one should have to go through.

His last words confused her even more. ”You do know once dead monsters go back to where they came from right? And don’t spit, you’re a human, you weren’t raised by orcs…” said rolling her eyes. ”And another please, I’m not your servant, if you wanted one you could always tame a troll, you’d get along.” sarcasm was obvious, the sweetness was gone, perhaps a more snarky Kayla was coming out of the shell.

But it was when Sarantis spoke that she calmed down. ”Just dump me at the flower field and I’m alright, I’m also a good climber is something happens, and if I’m eaten I’m eaten, less one person you’ll have to worry about.”

PMEmailWebsite
^
Rubix
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 03:20 PM

Time Zone
GMT0

Inventory
N/A

[IMG][/IMG]
Bastian Aldane

Sarantis Ergo http://files.jcink.net/uploads/afteradream/Flower_Rates/white_flower.png
Kayla Seashell http://files.jcink.net/uploads/afteradream/Flower_Rates/purple_flower.png

Any humour in Bast's face fled at the apothecary's words. Green eyes narrowed on Sarantis, lip curling up, and he rose to his feet, slamming palms on the table. It trembled. "You would call me a LIAR?" He growled, voice lowering to a deep rumble, resonating in his chest. "A SCAVENGER, that picks at the bodies of those left by other men?!" Head tossed, mouth twisting into a snarl and he reached to grab at Sarantis' collar, to yank him up. "I will have your TONGUE!" Green eyes flashed with fire. Muscles bunched around neck and arms.

But Kayla spoke. Her squeaky voice caught the man's attention, and he backed away from Sarantis, looking down at her. "Woollies?" Brows lifted, then settled into a flat line. Lips clamped tightly together. Jaw trembled. Not a word was said during her lecture, and when she was done, he didn't speak for a few seconds, until he could hold it back no longer. His mouth split into a bellowing roar and he laughed from the depths of his belly, tilting his head back. Hands slapped meaty thighs. "You speak sharply, Miss Kayla," he grinned, biting back another snigger, "But until your claws match your words, little kitten, I will not watch over you in the forests." Thick hand reached out to give her head a pat, ruffling the strands.

Slumping back down in his chair, he spread his legs, grinning broadly. "I am no monster rancher. I will not give them a full belly. Even if their prey is stupid enough to walk into their mouths. " He shoved the tankard towards her and slumped back down into his seat. "I will have another beer, Miss Kayla." A coin clattered onto the table in front of her as another chuckle swept lips, then he turned away from her, paying attention to the man once more. Defused, the hunter had almost forgotten the insults. Instead, he focused on that most important of words. 'Challenge'. To refuse would be to be cowardly. But...

Bast rubbed his mouth with his hand. He eyed Sarantis up, a snort leaving nostrils. "I will accept your challenge," he growled, "On ONE condition." Lips split into a thin grin, hand swooping to clasp the hilt of his blade tightly in a fist. "You will both spar me!" The man stood, towering over them both as he tossed sword between palms. "Only by holding your own against my blade will you come."

This post has been edited by Rubix: Oct 15 2017, 03:20 PM
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

t
o
g
g
l
e

b
o
x

Affiliates

RPG-D RPG-D Unbound Topsites - A Video Game RP Listing Distant Fantasies a resource community Shadowplay Topsites
Sengoku Horizon Azelania Yuri Roleplay Beyond face in the crowd
Pokemon: Terrene

Skin by Seashell @After a Dream